Monday, April 15, 2013

WTF World?!

Okay, so today is a 2-post kind of day.
Immediately following my first post, I heard about the Boston Marathon bombing. My heart rate picked up, my thoughts instantly turned to Christopher Dulak, a good friend of mine who is an avid marathon runner. Thankfully, he is out of the country (just completed the Paris marathon about a week ago) and is safe from harm.
As I viewed the clip of the bombing on MSN, my eyes filled with tears. What the hell kind of world do we live in? We are constantly living from tragedy to tragedy and just hoping we aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time. These runners woke up this morning thinking, "Focus. One mile at a time. Set a good pace...etc," not, "I hope no one shoots me or blows up the place...don't die." It's just revolting that once again, innocent lives have been lost. What can we do to change things? Someone tell me.
So many emotions....sadness, anger, disgust, fear........and yet, hope.

My most sincere thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. Another sad day in America.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment