Thursday, April 18, 2013

Resilient

Resilient. One of the most fitting words to describe the people of America. We look at devastation and heartbreak head-on and come together to reflect on the events, remember those who lost their lives, and hope for a better tomorrow. I came across a video this morning that was too touching not to share.
I'm not a die-hard hockey fan, although I do enjoy going to the occasional Lincoln Stars hockey game, but the actions of the Boston Bruins (players and fans alike) during the singing of our National Anthem just made me gain back the faith in humanity that I lost on the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. Check it out: http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/boston-bruins-return-to-ice-vs-buffalo-sabres-as-community-heals-after-marathon-bombings-041713
Heartwarming, right?

This morning I learned of the explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/17/17800341-5-to-15-killed-160-wounded-in-devastating-texas-chemical-plant-blast?lite Though not an act of terrorism like the events earlier this week, it was equally unsettling. Innocent lives lost and many, many more injured. A devastating loss to a small Texas community. But, you know how people will respond: reflection, remembrance, and hope....resilience.

I know this is so cliche, but you really can't take a single day of precious life for granted. You never know when something is going to happen. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, it's a gift. But, I also think that you can't go through life worrying that something might happen. Just make today a good one.

-S

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I just found your blog. Love it. I'm co-hosting a link up for Nebraska bloggers. I'd love to have you link up with us!

    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/2013/04/nebraska-pride.html

    Please share with other nebrasks bloggers you know of!

    ReplyDelete