Sunday, April 21, 2013

That sums it up

"It is terrible what happened in Boston, but we can't look back, we must look forward," an out-of-breath Hamerlak told The Associated Press moments after crossing the finish line. "The show must go on."
The London marathon concluded just as any marathon should. Runners crossing the finish line, spectators cheering on their loved ones, people enjoying the London atmosphere......no explosions, no bloodied bodies, no life-loss, no suspects on the run. This quote from an article I read on Fox just resonated with me. We've got to press forward. Awful things happen every day....it's been a rough week for America. I heard a quote once that I've carried with me for some time "Not every day is good, but there is good in every day." At the very least, you can consider yourself blessed that you woke up to live another day. That's better than the alternative, right?

Take a second and find some good in today. I've already found so much good in mine: the sun in shining, I bought pretzel bread from Hy-Vee and damn it is tasty, I slept in.....and I've only been awake for 2 hours.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment