Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hiatus

I sound like a broken record, but here I go again (on my own...ah, Whitesnake). I'm not quite sure why I take 2-year extended blogcations, but I just do. It's my way. The sad truth is this: I go back and read what I wrote in 2014 and think, "Wow, not much has changed." I have a someecards desk calendar, and one of my "keepers" says the following: "Just wanted to update everyone on the fact that absolutely nothing new is happening in my life." But that doesn't mean I haven't had fun along the way.

I turned 30 this year. No mid-life crisis (yet) so that's good. It has actually been a really fun year. I'm just going to share some highlights so far.
My friends surprised me for my birthday and we went to an Escape Room in Lincoln. Freaking fun. Try it out. http://lincolnescaperoom.com/

Went to Las Vegas in February to celebrate Cassie's 30th. I love that place. We had such a fun time, and were immediately planning our next trip on the plane home.

Purchased season tickets to the Orpheum (well, that started in 2015), but I got to cross off a bucket list item by doing so. I finally got to see "Phantom of the Opera." It was incredible.

Cassie and I have also been doing the Nebraska Wine Passport. We went on a 1200 mile trip in May to cross off the vineyards in western Nebraska. Stayed at my first B&B (Balcony House in Imperial, NE), and fell in love with a new author during our stay (Nick Pirog, who just so happened to be the Balcony House owner's nephew...how cool is that?). Needless to say, we've drank a lot of wine. Also, it was so fun to explore my own state. There's still so much to see, so a return trip will definitely be in my future plans.

Summer is in full swing. I've got a busy bunch of weekends coming my way. Lots of fun to be had. My niece will turn 7 this weekend. In true Sup-fashion we're having a giant celebration in the park and at the pool. She's so fun. Sassy, but fun. She's also too smart for her own good, but she makes life better.
We've got some more wineries/vineyards to cross off our passports, a wedding in Grand Island (that is coincidentally at a winery), a weekend at Shanno's cabin, horse races in Columbus, and many more spontaneous nights of hijinks, I'm sure. That might be the best part of being single. I can do what I want, when I want.

So there's a brief synopsis of the Sheila happenings of '16. I hope to continue the blogging this time. We'll give it a whirl.

Until next time,
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment