Thursday, August 29, 2013

Autumn Adoration



Oh, how I love Fall. It truly is the best time of the year.

The weather is unbeatable. Although we're currently experiencing a heat wave (come on, this is still Nebraska) with temps approaching triple digits tomorrow, the Fall nights that I enjoy so much are just around the corner. Now that I have a home with a porch, I will enjoy many nights on my ultra comfy patio furniture with a glass of wine close by. The other thing I love is the changing colors of Fall. Just one of the many gifts from above.
Autumn Japanese garden with maple in Kyoto, Japan

School has started. This means high school Fall sports. Softball, football, and volleyball. Since my best friend is the head coach of the BC softball team, I always try to go to as many games as I can. Unfortunately, I think there are only three home games this year, so we'll have to see how everything will pan out. The other downfall with the schedule is that volleyball and softball games are usually on the same nights. My sister-in-law is one of the coaches for the volleyball team, so I like to watch them play as well. Also, it's fun to spend some QT with my brother and my niece. I have however vowed to never return to O'Neill's gymnasium until they decide to install air conditioning. What an awful night. I felt so bad for the girls in the court! It was boiling-lava-hot in there. Brittany was drenched in sweat. It was no fun. Then, of course, the BC boys return to the gridiron. After an appearance in the state final last November, I'm excited to see what these boys can do. Have to be there to cheer on my favorite player, #22!

Husker football. Need I say more? No, but I'm going to anyway. If anyone hasn't yet witnessed the Coach Pelini prank, you need to see it. I loved it.

Huskers!

The last thing I love about Fall, and one thing I miss most about living in Lincoln, is the comeback of the PSL. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that acronym......it means Pumpkin Spice Latte.
hahaha, SO true! :)
-S


1 comment:

  1. I yearn for jeans and hoodie weather--can't wait to relax on our porches!!

    ReplyDelete