Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Liebster!

What an honor to be nominated for this award from a fellow blogger and bestie, That Olson Girl. Like her, I had no idea this award even existed, but I love the concept! Check it out!


The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.

I blog because I enjoy it. I like sharing my opinions and thoughts on life and the events that fill my life. Sometimes my posts are personal, sentimental, reflective, funny, crazy, or totally random. That's just who I am. My blog is me! 


So to follow suit, I am going to answer the questions that were given to me. Ready, set, go!

1. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is like asking "what's your favorite movie" because there's not one single answer. But I'm going to give an answer. Growing up, one of my favorite meals (that we still have as a family today) is grilled steak, homemade french fries, and chocolate malts. That's what I pick. 

2. Describe your favorite childhood memory.
Again, another difficult question, because I have so many great childhood memories. One of the best was spending my summers at the pool. Endless hours of going off the diving boards and playing "Shark" in "the red: a.k.a. the 12 foot." So fun. 

3. Which celebrity would you do anything to go on a date with?  Spill the details on why and what you would do.
I have many celeb crushes...but I am in love with Nathan Fillion. He plays Richard Castle on ABC's "Castle." He is so witty and charming, and so damn cute. I have no idea what we would do...I'd probably behave like a giddy school girl all night and not know what to do with myself. 

4. Would you rather do laundry or dishes? 
Curse you Cassie, you know I hate both. I'd have to say dishes, because laundry takes forever!! I hate every aspect of doing laundry. 

5. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Right now, I'd really like to see Santorini, Greece. The pictures I've seen are absolutely breathtaking, an I'd love to take a trip (with a companion, of course). 

6. What is your favorite treat?
Easy. Ice cream. Hands down. No contest.

7. Which skill would you like to learn how to do?
I'd love to learn how to sew. I learned the basics when I was in middle school, but those skills have long left my memory. 

8. Favorite movie?
Did I not say this was too difficult to answer in question one? There are too many! It's impossible to pick one because there are too many different genres. The first one that comes to mind is Bridesmaids. Hilarious. 

9. If you could go back to any era for a month, which would it be and why?
I'd say the 40's. Love the style of the era, the cars, and the way a gentleman treated a lady.

10. The best advice you were ever given?
I've received a lot of good advice over the years. A former boss of mine would always tell me that work should be one of the lowest priorities on your list. There are so many more important things in life. Do what you want to do when you want to do it. Go see places. Do fun things. You never know what tomorrow might hold, so take every opportunity you can. Work is not my life. It's a part of life, but my family and friends are my life. They are who I love and what makes me happy. Time spent with them is never wasted. 

11. What was your favorite place to go in college?
4th and Adams. The good times never ceased. A group of my guy friends lived there and there was never a dull moment. I so miss those carefree days.What wonderful memories!! 

So that's the last question. Time to pose 11 new questions to some other bloggers! I don't know many other bloggers, but two that I read on a regular basis belong to some friends of mine. I'm passing the torch to you Joanna and Bonnie

Here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite season? Elaborate, please.
2. Describe one of your biggest pet peeves. 
3. You just won $1,000,000. What do you do with your winnings?
4. Fill in the blanks. I couldn't live without _________ because __________. 
5. Who is your favorite sports team?
6. What lesson did you learn the hard way?
7. If you could pick a different career, what would it be?
8. What is the craziest food you've ever tried? Was it awful or wonderful?
9. Where was your last vacation spot? 
10. Silver or gold?
11. If you could share one piece of advice with the world, what would it be?

Can't wait to see what you gals come up with. :) 

-S



No comments:

Post a Comment