Friday, August 16, 2013

Is it 4 yet?

Busy day at the office. We had my co-worker's retirement party this morning. Any of my friends will tell you that I'm the "planner" in our circle. I like to have things in line, organized, ready-to-go. I plan. I schedule. I make lists. Lots and lots of lists. It's how I keep a shred of sanity when there's an event or party to be had. Maybe it's because I don't have a very good memory. Who knows?
Anyway, I was responsible for this party today. It went great, however, in typical Sheila-fashion, I hardly got a wink of sleep last night. I can't help myself from worrying about something that could go wrong. I hate to think how sleep-deprived I'll be for my wedding some day. I also like to do things myself, because that way I know it will be done how I want. At least I know I have a problem. I always have terrible dreams before these things too. Last night was no exception. In my dream, I showed up 30 minutes late. When I got to work, the cake was destroyed. I have no idea what happened. That's really all I remembered from the dream. But, of course, things went just fine. The same kind of dreams happened when I was renovating my house. Anything that could go wrong, did. But when the actual even comes, things go just fine. So now, I'm really sleepy and could use a good nap. I just have to stay awake through these next 3 hours, then I can go home and snooze on my comfy couch.

Just wanted to share a fun story from this morning. One of the guys was leaving the party, and I had to go grab some more nuts from Dollar General. I walked out the door and here he is, carrying a fluffy kitten in his hand. I said, "Scott! Why do you have a kitten?" He said, "It's a good thing I do my walk around before getting in my truck. This guy was sitting on my tire!" Scott drives a BIG truck for the company. The kitten was so cute, I wanted to take him home. Seriously. We found a place to set him down, now I'm just praying that the next person to come across him has a kind heart. Anyway, that was some excitement to my day. A cuddly kitten who wanted to come home with me.

Happy Friday y'all.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment