Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I can't do it

I just can't. I have avoided viewing any articles talking about the 19 firefighters who lost their lives in the Arizona blaze. I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach all the images and videos of crying widows, children, family and community members. I caved today and have watched a few. But that unveiled a new "can't." I can't watch anything about it without getting weepy. The lump in my throat grows each time I see a new article. My heart is aching for those people.
It's times like these when I reflect on how thankful I am for the life I have. Is every day good? No. But there is good in every day. I know I've talked about that statement before...but it is one of my favorites. As you're enjoying you day off tomorrow, take a minute to send up a prayer or think about those who just lost their daddy, hubby, son, brother, friend, etc. Life is a gift, and you're only here for a short while. How does the saying go? "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present." Kind of corny, but true.Okay, that's enough of the heavy.

I wish everyone a fun and safe Independence Day. I am super excited for a day off of work to do whatever I please. I'll be putting on coat number two of paint at the house in the morning, but after that, I will have some fun in the sun followed by burgers, family time, and fireworks. My sweet B has her 4th birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe that she'll be going to preschool in the Fall! Seems like yesterday she was calling me "Shasha" and dancing to Sesame Street's "Ladybug Picnic".

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment