Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kickin' Butts and Sinkin' Putts

It's amazing what one golf lesson from Joel can do for your golf game. Swing with half the speed you want to, head in a vice. Then when you're teeing off, just repeat to yourself over and over, "head in a vice. head in a vice." I haven't golfed in 2 or 3 years, but I actually didn't play too bad this year in the UNL Campus Rec Alumni Golf Scramble. I had the help of some of the best teammates pictured below. That's me on the left, my brother Joel, my sister Teresa, and my cousin Katie.
I didn't have high expectations for myself....mainly just went because I thought we'd have fun. Who knew that I'd walk away with a pin prize for longest putt made on the green (women only)...
and better yet, a 2nd place team finish in the mixed division?!??
We finished 6 under par. Even had an eagle on a par 5! I still don't think it was quite fair that the team who beat us had a girl playing who had played on the UNL golf team.

Anyway, the day was a huge success with many applications of sunscreen. Definitely a better showing than in years past. (My apologies to the Obermeiers and other former teammates...ha ha.) It was a beautiful day for golf. A bit hot, but there was a breeze. A good time was had by all.
That's all for today, just wanted to share our triumph. I've never seen a team more proud to wear silver. I have a feeling we'll be back next year to shoot for gold. 

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment