Monday, May 13, 2013

Thong weather and BG purchases

No, not that type of thong....perhaps the more appropriate term would be flip-flop. When I was growing up, they were called thongs. Now thongs have a whole new meaning (butt-floss has got to be my favorite definition), and in order to avoid weird looks and raised eyebrows, I have altered my vocabulary to use flip-flops instead of thongs. Anyway, with the rising temps, more and more people dig out their flip flops. Every foot doctor's nightmare, every girl's dream (unless you're my mother and can't stand the feeling of something between your toes). I love flip flops. So many styles and colors, so simply designed. But that simple design is also the flip flop's demise. They are terrible for your feet. But so are high heels and women wear those too. I just don't think I'd ever be able to kick my flip flop addiction. Especially now that warmer weather has arrived.

As expected, Nebraska has skipped right over Spring, much to my dismay. Today's forecast has predicted a high near 90 degrees, tomorrow around 96 degrees. That is too hot for May. I want a month of 70-80 degree weather before we hit this 90 degree crap. That's July weather! Nevertheless, the fine people of Albion have dusted off their garden tools and brought their mowers out of hibernation to get their fix. Myself included. I will be leaving my rental in the next few months to move into my grandma's house. Outside she has a yard light surrounded by a brick planter. I have planted some annuals there to spruce up the curb appeal. Today the grass will get its first cut of  the year. The place will look great.

Not only will the place look great on the outside, but it will also look great on the inside as I purchased some new furniture this weekend! I am in love. I got everything in this pic, minus the ugly coffee table in the center.
Check out that ottoman! The top comes off and there's storage underneath! L-O-V-E! I can't wait! I haven't done a lot of furniture shopping in my day, so I'm not too familiar with what brands are out there, but this is England. I got it at Deets in Norfolk, NE. Thank you to Brenda at Deets for being so helpful! I love how modern this looks, very ME. I am considering returning to the store and getting a recliner as well. Might as well, considering they have 50 months no interest financing right now. Financing is the best, as long as you don't go crazy. But, I am excited. I like to call these BG purchases (big-girl purchases). Other future BG purchases will include new flooring throughout the main floor of the house. Got some samples picked out, now to get the measurements and estimates! The home improvement never ceases. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I am a grey fanatic. As I read your blog I can't help but think we are so alike it is scary!

    ReplyDelete